July 28, 2008

Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?



Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but with this new Pineapple Express soundtrack being released next week, I think they really come into their own, commercially and artistically. The title track has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the song a big boost. Plus Huey makes several direct references to the chron.

What if I told you we were giving away 3 copies of the Pineapple Express soundtrack, and each will include a high-gloss PE poster with which to wrap yourself in?

If that's something you might be interested in, email us to enter (US only please) and we'll pick winners before everything drops on August 5. If you'd like to get extra nice by entering twice you can also visit Brahsome.

Tracklist:
01. Pineapple Express - Huey Lewis & The News
02. Electric Avenue - Eddy Grant
03. Dr. Greenthumb - Cypress Hill
04. Lost At Birth - Public Enemy
05. Poison - Bell Biv Devoe
06. Wanted Dread Or Alive - Peter Tosh
07. Don't Look Around - Mountain
08. Pineapple Chase (aka The Reprise of the Phoenix) - Graeme Revell
09. Bird's Lament - Moondog & The London Saxophonic
10. Coconut Girl - Brother Nolan
11. Hilawe - Arthur Lyman
12. Tha Crossroads - Bone Thugs-N-Harmony
13. Pineapple Fight (aka The Nemesis Proclaimed) - Graeme Revell
14. I Didn't Mean To Hurt You - Spiritualized
15. Woke Up Laughing - Robert Palmer








Huey Lewis & the News - The Power of Love

"Dont need no credit card to ride this train." HL smooth, 1985


7 comments:

Thom said...

If Willem Dafoe ever asked me if I liked Huey Lewis and the News, I'd have to tell him they sound to black for my tastes.

Erotic Tangerines said...

I don't like singers

Anonymous said...

I was never too hip to be square, but I do admit to grooving to HL&TN back in the day. Glad to welcome them back. Nice blog on ya.

Z said...

I just now got that Willem Dafoe reference, sad. Homey buys a lot of organic vegetables, I saw him at Whole Foods filling his cart with random vegetables and looking around all sketched out.

Thom said...

I love that this "mash-up" vid is the top video that shows up in a Google search of "hip to be square" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfr9xeA7nCc

Thom said...

oops

Z said...

wow, that's huge. added